April 27, 2009

Leaving Lofoten

Well, we've reached the end of our journey here in Norway. I Ahhhh man, it's been so awesome too! Everything from hiking, to fishing, to snowboarding on our surfboards, to camping.... It's really been an awesome trip! I've eaten so many waffles and so much cod I'm starting to almost get sick of it, but not quite! haha...We got some really sick water shots yesterday evening on my longboard too. They're really nice. The surf was kinda shitty and then I paddled out and it all of the sudden turned on and became glassy.

Tomorrow we're headed on a flight to Russia. I'm a little pretentious becasue of all the things we've heard about Russia but I think it should be a rad experience. I don't know when the next time in my life I'll have the opportunity so I'm going to take my chances. We don't even know if we can surf there yet but hey, it's worth a shot. I just hope the water is cleaner than I've been hearing. I guess radio activity is pretty prevalent in the ocean up there. It's supposed to be a heck of a lot colder as well.




Stars lead to the milky way.


A view of the Lofoton Islands from above.


Our inspiration for the band name . . . D Feesh Heads. A one hit wonder out of Norway.


Oslo Airport. Yazzy photo.


This is where lil red riding hood must live.


Vintage hand-made Norwegian fishing boat.


Aliens in Ocean Minded Ugg boots have arrived.


Kraemervika Rorbuer where we are staying.


Guitar, laptop, backpacks, suitcase, headphones, voice recorder, capo, beer, charger, camera, lamp, baby carriage, rug, un-made bed.


Really fun lowers-type reef.


Some random guy took this of us in the airport. He couldn't quite figure out how to take a picture. I don't think he's ever taken one before in his life.


Lofoton Living.


The Norwegian diet.


Jammin' out on the dock near the Viking ship.


Pick a key, any key.


Just arriving in Norway. You are now free to roam about the country.


Free Willy's back yard.


Pat Millin and Matt Whitehead, Welcome to Norway.


G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS C-WACH...MUCH APPRECIATED. YOU BEEN KILLING IT LATELY TOO, AND HOW SICK ARE THESE TRIPS YOU HAVE BEEN GOING ON TO THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, LOOKS SO FUN! BEATS TRAVELING FROM CONTEST TO CONTEST FOR SURE... ANYWA HOPEFULLY CATCH UP AT SANO WHEN YOUR BACK FOR A WAVE OR 20..TAKE CARE